WARNING: Keep old version with Galaxy Nexus, and Droid RAZR or any old phone (e.g. Galaxy S). Their GPU's are too slow for the shader. I will launch dual-versions from tomorrow.
A cool, honeycomb-inspired abstract live wallpaper. Blue, patterned rings slowly rotate independently and fade in and out. Touch Enabled, OpengGL. Works on Honeycomb! Watch the video for a demo!
New in v8: Optimized for new Galaxy S4, HTC One and Xperia Z !! (1080p phones)
New in v8: Fast color changes!
Coming soon in v9: Notifications!!!
I created this wallpaper because I loved the basic art used and wished it would move. I'm also a bit tired of so many live wallpapers that look very cool, but are too "busy" or colorful to make good long-term useable wallpapers. Art is courtesy Ryan Bliss of Digital Blasphemy: http://www.digitalblasphemy.com
Features (enabled in "Configure" or "Settings"):
* touch-enabled! Swipe up or down to spin the rings faster. Tap quickly to slow down again
* Lots of colours: blue, magenta, pink, red, green, "Tron", golden, ice, fire, "magblue", green and more! More will be added. Note that loading of new textures can take a few seconds. This is not a bug and will only happen once.
* Custom color slider with hue/saturation!
* multiple fade schemes: linear, heartbeat, pulse and none. Timings and brightness are settable
* sync schemes: make the rings spin in sync, alternating pattern, or random pattern. Control speed in sync and alt modes.
* special effects: "centre glows" or does not fade out
* change minimum fade value for linear fade style
* move the centre of the circles left/right or up and down
* shrink or expand rings
* change brightness
Has been tested on a variety of platforms. Works very well on WVGA phones (especially Galaxy S and Galaxy S 2). Scales correctly for Honeycomb (tested on Galaxy Tab 10.1).
Performance heavily optimised using OpenGL and good memory handling. Won't slow your phone down at all. Uses almost no battery life (check battery usage stats... less than your SMS app if registering at all)
Special thanks to "Deep" Live wallpaper dev and Robert Green for excellent OpenGL framework. I will open source this in time to contribute back. Special thanks also to Roland Harrison, Tim Chen and my other "beta testers" for letting me annoy them so much with testing. So many bugs caught!
Please support me with a good rating! I will respond to all direct emails. If you have a problem, ranting in comments is not a helpful way to sort it out!
**Known Issue: If you manually modify your DPI from what it should be then you will see white squares
**Note: trouble downloading, check this link : https://www.google.com/support/androidmarket/developer/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1067233
Android market-related known issue
Note: if you "upgraded" from free version, this is a whole new app. You need to reselect "Mystic Halo" not the free version from Live Wallpapers, i.e. your existing free version will not just suddenly be unlocked.